Thursday, April 28, 2011

The time is just about here


There was a very bittersweet moment the other day. I went back for my follow up check up. It felt odd now to walk through those doors. For this time I was no longer walking through those doors with the fear of something going wrong at this appointment. I already brought my little girl home.

There were two women sitting I the waiting room. One clearly pregnant. She was nice and round. So I'd say she was nearing the end. The other not visibly pregnant. As I walked by I prayed that the visibly pregnant lady gets to bring home her baby. The other feeling I had was sadness that this was going to be the last time I see Dr. T.

Dr. T came in and asked me how things were going. I told her well. She asked if I had any depression. And really as postpartum goes, it is not bad. I told her that I have had crying moments when the little one is not willing to go to sleep at two in the morning. She said that was normal. But truth be told I also have cried when I looked at my little girl and realize she is still here, that God blessed me with her, that Lukas isn't here to meet her and grow up with her. I cry because I want him here so bad but then I would never have met this piece of my heart.

She asked me where she was and I told her she was home with her dad. She made a sad face. I told her that we were still nervous to take her out anywhere. She reassured me that Hayden would be fine. My heart squeezed a little harder. And I only prayed that she was right.

I told her that I had a picture of Hayden for her. It was her announcement in which I included her brother on there. It read
Hayden Marie
Our Rainbow
February 7, 2011
8lbs 20 in.
Love E, Mary & Angel Lukas

She read it and smiled. Then the words I longed to hear came out. "I'll put her up on the wall here." Lukas never got the chance to be put up on THE wall. That made my day.



No comments:

Post a Comment